Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What I love and loved to collect...










As most of you who know me well, I have a PROBLEM with buying MOVIES! It is a bad habit that I can't kick... I LOVE to have ALL of them. Even the ones I have never seen before. I will usually only buy the ones that I know are good, or that I think are going to be good. I will take advice from friends on whether or not a movie is good. I am not a Raging critic... (however, my hubby kind of is...) I just like a good show that is nice and entertaining, suspenseful, funny, romantic.. whatever my mood may be! The one displayed is the one I can't wait to go buy after work!!! Sorry, Babe!






I also have a huge collection of VHS disney/kids videos... they had to be in the packaging like the one on the right. (I know.. I know) This made for an extremely HUGE storage PROBLEM.. however, I have not parted with them. I should part with the ones that I have DVDs of.. I am slowly replacing some of them that are coming out on DVD.. but geez, Jason already complains tremendously that I spend way to much money on MOVIES... I do not buy these anymore.. but i still have quite the collection of them.




THe one thing that I collected as a little girl were Cabbage Patch Kids. Being the only girl, my mom used to buy and buy and buy. I think I ended up with a total of 15 dolls.. And yes, I still have ALL 15 dolls. I have let my girls play with a few of them, but I have put my favorites away. I actually just saw one in Jenesee's room yesterday.. but you know, the funny thing is, they don't play with them very often... The "new" babies are always better... so I think I should just put him up! I LOVED THESE! Both my girls are into babies... (or were.. I should say) Jurnee doesnt quite play with them anymore.. But Jenesee loves them.. Its so cute...



Oh and the list goes on. I have an Obsessive Compulsive problem about Collecting. For instance.. Jace has the geo tracks train system.. Started when he was about 2 1/2. Well, you can keep building on that.. They have the coolest pieces. You can make the COOLEST tracks... Well... I kept buying and buying pieces, because you know,.... gotta have them all... well we have well over 350 pieces now, and the DARN thing only gets taken out twice a year. The kids can make a track that is the size of my living room that has no furniture... lol.. So Jason and I are now talking about Selling it..


And the list could go on...
CHEVRON CARS...
Action figure figurines.. not just super heros, but disney characters, etc..
Jurnee collects books...
Video Games... This is not so much me..
Childrens books ( tons of these... i love them)
I do need to mention my husband in this one.. I am not the only collector, nor our children. He has a nice collection of Die cast helicopters. He loves them and used to always look for new ones.. However, i think we have them all. HeHeHe.

3 comments:

Liz said...

GEESH! We are so much the same, I have this "thing" with buying children's books! I loved them when I was little and I love them even more now! We have over 300 easily, 3 entire bookshelves full and overflowing and my husband thinks I'm crazy, he on the other hand collects DVDs and also has well over 300 of those! I hate to think of all the money we have spent on these things but when we love em' it's hard to part... :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! Jan I cannot believe you would actually admit you have a problem, COLLECTING those damn dvds. I must be in denial still. LMAO! Yes, it is a SERIOUS problem and I am so afraid to actually stop and think about the money I spend on the damn things and to actually count how many I have. Walmart loves me EVERY week on EVERY Tuesday. I keep them in business. HA! I love you! How funny.

Hillary Corpuz said...

I am so glad that you put these new posts up. I was begining to think you were over the blog. Just busy huh.. well good heck you are more OCD than I thought.. haha..