I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Weekend.. We had a good time, and managed to enjoy a majority of it. Jace got sick friday evening, but was feeling ok enough to dye eggs.. Jenesee didn't seem to come down with her ickys until after nap on Easter Sunday.. Well, okay, that is how she woke up.. rude awakening..
We dyed eggs on Saturday with the Corpuz Family. (Great Friends of ours).. Our family dyes eggs, seriously, just to eat egg sandwhiches. I like them hard boiled too. My mom asked if we take our kids to "roll" them. Honestly, I forgot about that tradition... My mom said we used to do it every year as kids. In various locations, various ways. She said even with yuck weather, we would get the ironing board out and prop it on the stairs, and roll them down. Funny. But I remember now, loving that as a child. It was something my parents did when they were young. We are going to start doing that next year.. I love to pass things down from generation to generation.
The kids always love to dye eggs. Janson wasn't that into it, but we managed to get him to do a couple eggs.. you know, writing with the cool crayon and dying them... he did a Chargers Egg and a Utes Egg.
Jason and I did eggs for each other with the crayons. The funny thing is, I was doing one as a "surprise" for him and he was doing one as a "surprise" for me at the same time and we didn't even know it. It was really fun.. you know Jan + Jason = Love and Jason loves Jan... we are goofy, we know..
This year we managed to not have egg dye everywhere. Hooray!
The kids had a good time. Thats all that counts.
Easter morning the kids were excited for all there goodies from the Easter Bunny.. They had so much fun. We always do an egg hung outside. The easter bunny fills plastic eggs, and each child gets to find there own color of eggs. That way, each gets there fair amount of candy. . NO arguments to be had.
The rest of the day was a day of relaxing, and, well, cleaning up after sick children, if you know what I mean..
I just can't believe March is almost over. How Sad!
What fun Easter Traditions do you all have with your families? (I will add more pics later... )
2 comments:
I need to get you some photos I took. I will upload them to Costco and share them with you, I think that is the easiest thing to do.
Sorry your kids got sick.. that is no fun!! And I think you are the one who needs to share your skills with me, I saw your Dora cake.
You guys are too cute!! I know all about sick kids. I hate it, it makes me feel so bad. I love reading your blog. I found Doah from your Myspace page. Crazy!
Post a Comment