Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dance Competition


Jurnee!




Jurnee is on a competitive dance team for Hip Dance company here in West Jordan. She absolutely Loves it! Yesterday was the first competition for the season! It was in Spanish Fork, so it was a bit of a drive but it was WELL worth it. It was a long day, but a lot of fun! She is on a team that is very versatile! They go about 4 hours a week to class. It consists of Jazz, ballet and Hip-Hop. So, they learn three different dances and compete with those three different dances. I remember dancing when I was younger and my mom and dad always saying how expensive it was, but never really thought much about that. Well, now I have a child into it, and GEE WHIZ, it is quite an investment. Along with the monthly tuition, comes competition fees, extra shoes, tights, makeup, warm ups, bags, practice clothes, time and gas to go to practice, and COSTUMES! This year is a real eye opener because she has moved up to a more advanced class. So it was a little bit more money, but worth it.

Getting ready to go on stage!

After going to the first competition, and watching how much she has learned and how well she is doing, it is extremely worth it! I am so amazed! I am so proud of her. We had her in a different studio for a few years, and it seemed like she just wasn't learning very much. We started noticing at competitions all the classes from that studio were doing the same moves and Jurnee just wasnt very motivated to practice. (Now, that is all she does is practice!) So we decided to take her out and put her in a different studio and I am EXTREMELY HAPPY! All that money that we put into it, just is so worth it. I went with my friend Hillary and her daughter Soraya, who is also on a competitive team at the same Studio. Hillary was so sweet to offer to go with me and carpool! Even sweeter because she had to stay like five extra hours! Soraya was done dancing by 1130! Jurnee's last performance was at 5! Good friends are HARD TO COME BY! I love ya Hill! Thanks so much!



Hillary and Soraya!



1 comments:

Hillary Corpuz said...

awww..shucks..

it was totally worth that nap on the gym floor, and I would totally do it again, oh wait, we are going to do it again.. Ill miss you at the next competition.

Fwd some of those pics of me and Soraya they are cute.. good for scrappin.