Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Two most Important Men In my Life!

The two most important men in my life is a No-Brainer... My Dad and My Husband! They mean the world to me! Let me tell you a little about them and some of the reasons they make my heart skip a beat....

My Dad:
I have always been a daddy's girl... (I am really close with my mom, but there is a special bond between my dad and I). When I was little I used to wait patiently for the time that I new he would be coming home from work, dressed up in his suit! The second he would walk through the door, I would be tailing him all night long! I would follow him around and go everywhere that he went.. feed the animals, doing chores, whatever else he did... I would have to sit right next to him at dinner time.. That was just how it was. Finally.. he would settle in to his favorite chair, and I would be sitting right in his lap cuddling up! Well, those years lasted from the time I was just a toddler to, well, I was too big to sit in his lap! Ok.. maybe I didn't follow him around past 7 or 8 years old.. but pretty close! He treated me like I was a Princess... I always new that if mom said no, dad would for sure say yes! My dads favorite memory that he still talks about, (for some reason he loves to bring it up when I complain about our kids getting in bed with us), is that from the time I was really little, I used to get in bed with them every, and I mean EVERY night. My dad said as soon as I would go back to sleep he would take me back to my bed... pretty soon .. I would be right back in there with another excuse of why I needed to be next to him! yeah.. this went on until I was 8! Yes EIGHT years old! GEEZ...

There wasn't very many things he said no to!
I have so very many fond memories of my dad and I. He taught me how to ride a horse by myself when I was three. (I started riding when I was just a baby!)... at 6 years old I could get my big huge horse out all by myself, put her bridle on and hop on bareback and off I went! Riding my horse around the neighborhood giving all the kids a ride! What fun! He would spend so much of his time off for us kids. He would spend his whole weekends off of work, hauling our horses to 4H horse shows, parades, and whatever else we had going. WITHOUT A COMPLAINT (to us anyways.. I am sure there were complaints between he and my mom, but they were so great never to let us hear!) He worked so hard for us and would do anything, and I mean Anything, for us kids! His motto was "that is why we had children!" .. the list could go on with memories of my dad! All the things he taught me and I will carry forever.. I just want to say HAPPY FATHERS DAY to my dad! You are the best! I love you Dad!

My husband! He is the best! Most of you who know him he is so fun loving and a great Dad! I have no complaints about my hubby .. he is the best daddy and would do anything for me and our kids! I sometimes joke about having 5 kids, not 4! lol! I love this man so much! It makes my heart melt to watch him with our children and to see how much they love him! The examples he sets for them is out of this world! I am such a lucky woman! I hope you had a wonderful weekend in Mesquite babe! You deserved a weekend of fun with just you and your friends! We missed you!

1 comments:

Hillary Corpuz said...

That is so sweet about your Dad, I see where Jen inherits that trait. She loves her parents. And Jason is a great dad, and second Dad to our kids.. lol..