Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our Thanksgiving fun...

Click to play Thanksgiving 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


This year no one in our family decided to cook, or had other plans. We tossed around the idea of cooking our own, but we quickly tossed that out the window. I had to work that morning, and the thought of all that work, commotion, etc in our house, was not appealing. So.. we decided that going out would be the best thing.

Golden Corral was not the greatest choice, but it was the restaraunt of choice. The food was not the greatest. The traditional Thanksgiving items were horrible. My mashed potatoes had chunks of potatoes that didn't get mashed, we'll say about 1/4 of the potato. The stuffing and yams were horrible.. the turkey was, well, we won't talk about it... the rolls.. now they were to die for. The kids seemed to love it. For a child, it is fascinating to go and pick out only the things you know you are going to eat.

I found it really funny that Jace's favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner was sliced oranges. who knew? I was laughing when I looked over and he was literally leaning into the food to get more oranges. I think, when all was said and done, he had about 3 platefuls!

Myself, I like tradition. I like knowing that I am eating the same things every year. I missed homemade stuffing, fruit salad, good potatoes and gravy, true candied yams, moist turkey, homemade pies... need i go on.

Jene would not eat turkey ... we had to tell her it was chicken.. she ate a ton.
After dinner, we took the kids to see Madagascar 2. It was really cute and made for a great afternoon together. Jene was antsy, as usual, but she did fall asleep for a little bit.

On the way home from the movie we asked the kids what they were thankful for.. this was the response:

Jurnee: to get good grades (hopefully she keeps this way of thinking)
Janson: My family
Jace: was snoozin' and we forgot to ask him when he woke up
Jene: chicken nuggets (this was hysterical... the first thing that popped into her two year old mind).

Late Thursday night I came down with the stomach flu.. it was awful. Other than that... many things to be thankful for.

Some of the things I am thankful for:

- my husband
-Jurnee
-Janson
-Jace
-Jenesee
-my parents
-my brothers & sis-in-laws
-my nieces & nephews
-all my extended family
-to be able to have a job in this failing economy
-a home
-ability to feed/clothe our kids

I am thankful for a lot more than can be listed here, but those are the important things.

0 comments: