Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tree Trimmin'


It's that time of year again! Wow... Christmas already? Is it just me, or did this year just whip right by?

I love Christmas time. I love the spirit of giving, Christmas movies.. old classics and new ones, christmas music, baking, christmas goodies, lights, decorations, fun wrapped packages, christmas cards, magic of Santa Claus, shopping, gingerbread houses, watching our kids get so excited! I love it! It is so fun!

So to start Christmas off right, I have got to put up our tree and prepare the house for the Holidays! It always seems like such a chore to get everything out, but once I get motivated and get started, it's a lot of fun! Jurnee is my big motivator. SHe is such a big helper in getting things done... especially when it comes to decorating for the holidays. She gets the boxes out and helps me decorate, then at the end of the season she takes everything down and helps me pack it away! I love you Jurn... thanks so much for always helping me so much!

Monday night we spent the night together putting up, and decorating the tree. Even Jace helped fluff up the leaves with Jason, Jurnee and I. Jason and I are always in charge of stringing the lights. thats a chore.. the kids wait patiently (ok, not so patiently for jace and jene). Then comes out the ornaments.. every year i get each one of the kids a new ornament. They love it. I try and get things that they are into. (batman, dance, dora, etc... ) I always put their initials on them with the year, in hopes that one day when they are old enough to move away they will have their own collection of ornaments. The kids get so excited to get out the ornaments and hang theirs on their tree. Janson always seems to roll his eyes when I hand him his pooh and tigger ornaments to hang up, because you know, he is much to cool for those now! One day he will appreciate it, right? The kitties even have a couple ornaments that are theres. Jason always seems to make sure that they get to help in the festivities and put their ornaments on. It is really funny.. Its usually just crawford that hangs his, Cali is such a beast.. lol, she would just rather lay on my tree skirt and coat it with hair.. i need to get some things wrapped so she can't anymore.. grrr.







Click to play
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox

Make a Smilebox scrapbook

Overall... It was a great family night project.. We had a lot of fun and even tried to remember some christmas songs.. instead of listening, we SANG!

We didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked. As you can tell, the kids took most of them....

2 comments:

Heather said...

Jan...cute blog! I love your background!! Its nice to see what you have been up to! You have a cute little family! I have enjoyed running into you around town!!! Heather

The Benites Family said...

I am hoping to get our Christmas tree up before the season is over! Thanks for the inspiration.