Thursday, December 18, 2008

A good deed...

As many of you know I am in school for my Bachelors degree. I am in all online classes through the University of Phoenix. We were having a discussion of caring moments in our nursing careers. My instructor posted a response from another student in another one of her classes. Thought I would share this with all of you.

If you have the time, you or your familes (spouse, kids, etc..) drop this little girl a note in the mail... even coloring her a picture would probably brighten her day!

There was a little girl that went to the local mall recently to see Santa Claus. She is 10 years old and was in a wheelchair, could not hold her head up and her limbs were all twisted. She was completely oriented and wanted only one thing from Santa. She wanted mail from everyone in the world for Christmas. When I told the nurses at work they immediately wanted to know how to write to her. I think nurses are some of the most caring individuals and will continue to care for others whether we are at work or in our personal lives. As a nurse and a mother my heart breaks for this little girl, she cannot play with toys and only wants mail from strangers to make her Christmas complete. If anyone would like to write this little girl here is her address..........Alexis Krosky P.O. Box 195 Columbiana, Ohio 44408.

Happy Holidays.. about making wishes come true!

0 comments: