Thursday, September 25, 2008

Look who's a BIG GIRL now!


Jene! (new spelling for "Jenny"..Julie is doing preschool with them during the day and this is an easy way for her to learn her name!)


When we went to Lake Powell for a week my Mom and Dad kept Jene! She loves staying with Grandma and Grandpa Beach. Partly because she has them both wrapped tight around her little fingers! Anyhow, My mom kept telling me if you bring her 'potty training' stuff we will work on potty training. I told my mom that she didn't have to do that, it would be to much for her, however, she insisted. While at Lake Powell, I talked to her about the 3rd day into the training and she was at whits end. Jene had pee'd and pooped on her rug in her entry and the den. I told her to put her back in diapers and not to worry about it. My mom said she would try one more day and see how it went. I talked to my mom the day before we were coming home and she said, "you know, she hasn't had an accident since the day she pee'd and pooped on the rug. maybe what I told her worked! I told her that when Abby (their dog) does that she has to go get in her bed! " Well much to my parents surprise, Jene was trained! She would even wake my mom up in the night to tell her she needed to go potty. My mom said, "She will tell you every time she has to go!"

Now, Jason and I didn't really believe it. So we got home friday night and sure enough, She told us every single time she has to go! EVERY TIME! There has only been TWO accidents! One a week ago when she was throwing a huge tantrum in her room on the floor! (This tantrum stage is horrible), and One yesterday at daycare. Julie wasn't sure if it was even Pee or water! She was playing outside!

SO... yay for us and yay for our BIG GIRL! The Wallins are officially done with DIAPERS! This helps our budget with the diaper and wipe bill and we save a tiny bit on daycare!


Way to go JENE!


One Downfall of Jene staying at Grandma & Grandpas house: SHE SLEPT WITH GRANDMA EVERY NIGHT AND WON'T GO TO BED IN HER OWN BED NOW! 50% OF THE NIGHTS SHE ENDS UP SLEEPING WITH US!


HELP US!

1 comments:

Hillary Corpuz said...

I like the new spelling, cute.. YAY for potty training and bigger yay for the wallet!! it was such a releif when we did Ella.. it's like, okay, the formula is gone... now the diapers, WE'RE RICH!!