Hi to all our readers! I need some advice. As you all know Jurnee is going to be 12 in September! She is turning into such a beautiful young lady! We are so proud of who she is becoming! I would probably fall apart without her. With as much as we work over here, she keeps the house cleaned, the laundry done, helps with the younger kids, and the list goes on. She is so responsible and such a good girl!
She has been bugging me lately to teach her how to shave her legs. She is starting to become very self conscious about her looks. Starting the stages where her body is beginning to change, as well as the hormones coming on strong. So I have been really hesitant to let her do it... however, I never asked my mom to teach me how to shave and I cut my leg so bad that it took skin off all the way up my leg... I still have a scar to show it.. I don't want her to do that! So, being our oldest, first girl, I am not sure what to do .....

Whats the right age? How do you do it? HELP... My "big" baby is growing up and its so SCARY, but exciting!
She has been bugging me lately to teach her how to shave her legs. She is starting to become very self conscious about her looks. Starting the stages where her body is beginning to change, as well as the hormones coming on strong. So I have been really hesitant to let her do it... however, I never asked my mom to teach me how to shave and I cut my leg so bad that it took skin off all the way up my leg... I still have a scar to show it.. I don't want her to do that! So, being our oldest, first girl, I am not sure what to do .....

Whats the right age? How do you do it? HELP... My "big" baby is growing up and its so SCARY, but exciting!
4 comments:
Hey, I am in the same boat with Taylor (who is already 12 and hairy as all get out)who seems to think that maybe using Veet will do the job. WTH!! Anyways when you have that figured out let me know what the solution is, hairy/bloody legs??
I for one was COMPLETELY self conscious about my hairy legs. I feel her pain. I was 10 when I started shaving my legs, my mom wouldn't let me, so I just did it when she wasn't home. I would go with her and get an electric razor and teach her how to do it, make it a mommy daughter outing. I think 12 is old enough. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you choose.
I say let her do it!! I wanted to shave my legs so bad when I was her age and my parents refused. It's really not that big of a deal if you think about! Go ger her one of those intuition shavers and show her.
Mine's not quite there yet, but soon enough. Just make it fun, and not a big deal. Make it a fun outing together and then come home and shave together, show her how. Good luck!
Post a Comment