Saturday, April 19, 2008

Many days at work...

So.. I am on a really long streak at work! It is no fun at all. Well, I love my job and what I do, but there is only so much I can take! Right now I am on a 4 day streak at the hospital (+ 2 days at the office), so the getting up at 4:45 am is really kicking my butt! Not to mention working in Labor and Delivery in the spring (we call it "lambing" season), it is not what you would call a leisure day at work.. one laboring patient per one nurse.. Let's be for REAL: try two laboring patients each, with an occasional woman coming in complaining of contractions, being sick, my water broke, etc... So to say the least, I never took a lunch, luckily I was able to eat breakfeast because the day started off nice, and barely had a break to pee! All in all we delivered 9 pts from 6am to 6pm on Friday. And, my fellow nursing friends, you all know what comes with taking care of lots of patients! CHARTING! so, I think I rolled into home around 8:45 pm.. Yikes.. just to return back this morning at 6!


.... With working so much it is sooooooo hard to be away from my husband and my kids! I always feel so bad when I don't see them a lot and then I come home and am exhausted! I just want them to know how much I love them all! They are an amazing family and I am so so lucky!

0 comments: