It's really sad when you get older and your birthday creeps up on you and it starts to hit you that you are getting really old! Yesterday I turned 31 and that is kind of how I felt! It was a FABULOUS day! I worked all day, but it was so pleasant! It always makes you feel really good when a lot of people remember your birthday! Whether it was a text or a phone call, I had messages all day long! Thank you everyone!
Jason and I met up for lunch at Cafe Rio (my choice, of course) for a yummy salmon taco for me and chicken tacos for him! As we were walking out to the car, we were saying good bye and he said, "Wait a minute, I have something for you". He reached into his truck and pulled out a vase with fresh cut roses in it! They smelled so good! He said, "These are for your desk!" It was soooo sweet! It made my day! I loved how everyone walked by my desk and I could tell them that my husband was so sweet and cut them for me! I love you Honey!
Jason had all sorts of surprises in store for me after work! I had no clue what we were going to do! I just told him that I wanted to hit the gym before coming home! He finally agreed, with a little bit of nagging.. He said I had until 630! Well, I was home by 530, quickly showered and got ready! Jurnee was ever so sweet and agreed to babysit AGAIN (since she had been all day)! Jason took me to my favorite restaraunt at Jordan Commons, RUBY RIVER! I love steak and Potatoes! Afterwards he took me to Target to get the new Stephanie Meyer book 'Breaking Dawn'. I couldn't believe it, he never offers to go to the store with me just to "Shop". I was really starting to like this "Birthday Event".
The kids called a couple times, and Jason told them we would be home soon! When we got home we went inside and it was all quiet and dark...... We walked up into the kitchen and the kids, along with our good friends 'Mark and Mari' yelled "SURPRISE" with gifts and cheesecake (one of my favorites) with candles in and lit! It was a lot of fun!
The kids got me a gift card to Bath and Body Works
Mark and Mari gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure, and a new pair of Tevas! (How funny, because I was just complaining to Mari this weekend that Jenesee has a flip flop fetish and I think she wore my Tevas down the road and lost one, because now I only have 1! I was really sad because they are my favorite flip flops!)
Jason gave me a set of tickets to go see 'So You Think You Can Dance' tickets when they are here on tour September 23rd! I am sooo excited! I love love love that show!

My 'BFF' ;) Tracie came to see me on monday, we were supposed to go out for my bday, but of course I was down with a Nasty Flu... so she dropped by and brought me a gift! The cutest O'neil beach bag ever! We are going to dinner when she gets home from her trip!
It was a great day! Lots of love from my family and Great Friends!

5 comments:
So that is why you were at Cafe Rio, Happy belated birthday!!!
I rubbed it in to Julie that she watched our kids while we endulged at Cafe Rio, she was jealous!!:)
LOL! I love it!
Happy belated birthday! I LOVE Cafe Rio, and miss it. Also, if you are old then I guess I am just older.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU OLD FART :} ya ya i too an also 31 and wow i am starting to feel old. Hope your b-day was great and that you have a wonderful year. Love ya
We still are planning on going out, just slacking!!
Post a Comment