Saturday, July 12, 2008

hmmmm... some people....

Some people are so ____?____! I just sit back and laugh at people that surround me that portray themselves as :





  • "TO GOOD"


  • Act like life revolves around them


  • More concerned with the car that they drive and the home that they live in (and aren't happy until they have exactly what they want)


  • What they are going to have, wear or eat...


  • Where they are going to go next..


  • What they are going to buy next,


  • The friends that they have


  • How they are better than someone else...
Need I go on...



Or when you are in a conversation with one of "these" people, they have been there, done everything, have an experience about everything!



Some of these people are competitive. Maybe not all directly, but indirectly... if "so and so" has it, I need to go get it , or if "so and so" is going on vacation, I need to plan a vacation to.. I never get to go... GAG ME... Can these people get a life, really...




Some of these people will indirectly put others down (hopefully, not realizing it) talking about themselves and the material things that they have..most of the time, from what I have witnessed, its because these individuals want others to "look up to them"... but in reality, they are making themselves look stupid because they are making these other individuals feel like shit! It is pretty sad... It actually kind of labels these individuals.




Then there are the people that butt in your conversation and start talking about themselves or there family when you never even cared to hear it in the first place.. wait, didn't I say that they weren't even invited into the conversation in the first place???




Why is it that some people can not see that they should be grateful for the small things in life? Instead of worrying about material things and thinking that every issue revolves around them, realize that there are others out there. I guess that is just to hard for some.. they feel picked on and, I guess, feel like they need to be like that to feel loved. That money makes everything better. Of course, we all feel secure with a little cash.. but why do some people worry what everyone else thinks about them? I guess I just don't see the need to be jelous if someone is friends with someone else, or if having a "nicer" item than someone else puts them on a higher level? SERIOUSLY .... why do some people think they constantly need to have better? do they not realize that superficially they are happy, but truly, they arent going to be happy until they have better than that.




Some of these people are all about themselves, selfish, take everything wrong, constantly think people hate them.. some of these people never want to grow up... I just don't get it, I guess... These people are missing out on the important things in life! Family, Spouse, Children, growth, good health, love, love, love....




Money does not buy happiness!


Material things do not buy happiness!




A family full of love, Good Health, little children, a ROOF over your head, & FOOD is on the table are HAPPINESS to me... TRUE HAPPINESS...




There are not to many people you meet in this world that are just truly NICE people. One's that actually care what you have to say, ones who don't judge you for what you have, ones that don't think they are better than you because they have a nicer car or a nicer house, ones that aren't trying to compete with you for Material items, ones that truly care what you have to say and care about how you feel! Ones that truly are happy for you!




This has really been bothering me lately with people I have come across with directly and indirectly... I just don't quite see the point. Why people need to "be better" than someone else.




I sit back and know that I am truly happy for what I have! I have a husband who loves me more than anything in the world, who would do anything for me.. he hurries home from work every night to see me and the kids and spend as much family time as possible. He does everything with me and for that, I am truly LUCKY! I have 4 beautiful children who I love watching grow every day! They go through these obstacles in their lives and try and keep their chins up at the same time! All of them are little troopers and we are truly blessed! I am so proud of them all! There have been things that a couple of them have had to go through that is completely out of their control and they are doing so good to try and overcome the obstacles in their way! I have a family that I love more than words can express! When times seem to get rough, we all remember that we have each other! We are very THANKFUL for that!
MY HAPPINESS!

8 comments:

Hillary Corpuz said...

WOW!! I agree 100% and I hope that post wasn't about the Corpuz's. I didn't see anything about having to be in bed by 10, hehe, just kidding. There is a girl like that in my class at school, and she is constantly one upping us, there is a skit on SNL that makes fun of people like that, I will find it and make you watch it, you'll laugh your ass off, LMAO!!

Lisa Loeffler said...

Well said! You are blessed to have an awesome family!

Michelle said...

Boy, I read that and I thought I was a bit of the nice and a bit of the naughty! I think we are fighting a war. An internal battle fought in a world that would have us all be one of those people. Keep the faith!

Jan said...

well said ladies! Keep in mind that this isn't directed at any one person, I think we all know these people in our lives! much love to all! You just wish for the best for some of them!

Jaci said...

Woweeee let it out girl, dosent that feel good :) I love ya and I feel so lucky to have a great friend like you and I know that Jason thinks the world of your family and we totally think of you as our family that we are so happy to have. On that thought your comments were a good reminder to all of us on what is important and to injoy the moment, i love a quote in sherel crows song that says "its not having what you want its wanting what you have.."

The Redhead said...

Amen lady! I totally agree. I am so glad that there are people like you who are genuinely nice and appreciate what is really important.

The Redhead said...

Oh, and when I read your blog I can totally tell that you are happy and that your family makes you happy and you love them. That is what is important.

Anonymous said...

Great work.