As I have looked back, I have realized how much facebook has really sucked me in and i have not been blogging as much as I want to. Not only is it fun for our family and friends to keep updated on our family and our adventures, but also as a recollection (journal, so to speak) on something we can look back on. So.. one of my new years goals was to blog more.. The kids say and do so many things that I find myself getting to busy to capture or forget about.
Reflecting on my new goals for 2011.. (I dont look at them as resolutions because I appear I always break them).. I have set goals for myself. I know it is nearing the end of January, but I dont think it's ever to late.
One of my goals for the week is to sit down and finish up my personal goal list, family goals, and have the kids list out their goals and start a journal... and of course i have these elaborate ideas to craft cute covers for the journals and make cute "displayable" lists for the fridge, I am sure hoping i can get it done!
Some of my goals:
Prioritize: I always have so many things to do on my list, it feels sometimes i just cant seem to get it together, so one of my goals is to prioritize..
Workout and Eat Healthier: Workout at least 3 days per week, even if its just for a walk or squats.
Quality family time: I am striving to spend more one on one time and family "quality" time with the hubby and kids. I feel like TV gets old and thats what we turn to when we want to have quality time. I want to do projects, play games, color, read, bake, or whatever it is that we can do together.
Finish my Bachelors: 3 classes left.. I CAN DO IT!
Spend Less: Yes, this is a personal goal for me. Not to use extra money on things we dont need. There is nothing i want more than to be out of debt, and this is STEP 1!
Journal/Blog more: Not only do I want to keep my blog updated on my family happenings and things that come to mind.. but I want to journal in my hardbound journal more. Sometimes my mind feels better after I write things down..sort of like exercise being good for the soul.. writing is very good for the soul!
My list goes on.. so what i have started is a small 3 ring notebook (that of course i am going to bling out) and jot my thoughts, goals, achievements, etc. in. Something I can quickly refer to..reminding myself the sense of direction i need to be going. Most of you know I spend a majority of my time driving in my car from patient house to patient house. There are times I have thoughts in my head that if I dont jot down right away, I get home and think, "now i know there was something i wanted to remember"..
That's all for now.. the next few posts will be catching up for last year - 1010. Primarily so that I can keep record for us, while its still fresh in my mind.
Have a great day!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Back to Blogger land...
Posted by
Jan
at
6:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment