We put the Christmas Tree up a couple weeks ago... A lot of begging from the kids, I finally did it. I get so mad at myself when it doesn't go up early. So I was really glad that we had it up by December 2nd. Its always a tradition at our house that we all do it together. Okay, so this year, Jurnee and I put up the tree... I put the lights on... Everyone decorated. Our tree isnt a "pretty" tree.. it is a kid friendly tree. Since Jurnee was born we have bought the kids a new Christmas Ornament each year. Depending on what they liked that year.. (i,e; Disney, barbies, cars, etc)... So our tree, I guess, Is KID FRIENDLY... There are even ornaments from when I was a little girl. Jason and I actually get ornaments each year to.. Jason has quite a few Denver Bronco's Ornaments.
Each year when it comes time to decorate the Tree the kids get so excited to get the ornaments out and see which ones they have! It is my all time favorite part! My job is to get the ornaments out and hand them to the kids.... Jason helps put the ornaments in the "High Spots", and the kids put the ornaments on the tree. In the past, I usually have to redecorate it because three ornaments get put on one limb. To my surprise this year.... THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN! They did an amazing job. OR, maybe it was that I didn't care this year. .... one or the other.

Each year when it comes time to decorate the Tree the kids get so excited to get the ornaments out and see which ones they have! It is my all time favorite part! My job is to get the ornaments out and hand them to the kids.... Jason helps put the ornaments in the "High Spots", and the kids put the ornaments on the tree. In the past, I usually have to redecorate it because three ornaments get put on one limb. To my surprise this year.... THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN! They did an amazing job. OR, maybe it was that I didn't care this year. .... one or the other.
Janson.... say ChEESE!!! (Notice the mr and mrs claus hanging on the wall... my mom made these in the 70's!!! I love them... a touch of christmas from my past! )
She is Learning how fun looking at Ornaments is! Mom Is way to slow!
Jace gets excited too~
Jurn can finally help with the high ones!!
Little Jen.. She has more fun looking and playing with them... her idea of hanging is shoving it in the tree..... I guess she is only 21 months...
So, At our house, it is tradition for us, and our "charlie Brown" tree, as my mom calls it, to not use an Angel or a star, but a........
SANTA HAT!
It's Very Fitting for the tree!
THE FINISHED TREE!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!
2 comments:
Oh Jan cute tree, love the new floors.
My Grandma had those exact Santa and Mrs. Claus! Talk about a memory!
Post a Comment